The McGovern Medical School Rose Society is putting together a team to walk or run the “5K Run for the Rose” which supports brain cancer research.
The race was started 15 years ago after a former McGovern medical student (class of 2000) and pediatric resident at McGovern, Dr. Marnie Rose, passed away from a glioblastoma at a mere 28 years of age. Her family started this race to support funding of brain cancer research at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center and to better the lives of the brave young patients at Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital who were so dear to Marnie’s heart. Click here to read Dr. Rose’s story.
We want as many students as possible to join the McGovern team to support the cause and walk (or run) the race. All fundraising raised by the McGovern Medical School team goes directly to Children’s Memorial Hermann hospital and MD Anderson.
When you get to the page titled “Fundraising/Team Registration” :
- Under “please create a name for your fundraising page” put your personal name for fundraising
- Enter your email and password
- Under “Would you like to join or create a team?”
- Click “Join an existing team”
- Then under “search for fundraising teams to join by team name or team leader name”, type “McGovern Medical School”
Registration for the race is $30 untimed and $35 timed. If anyone feels that they cannot participate in the race because of the price alone, please contact Hanna at firstname.lastname@example.org.