A Successful Weekend at the 2019 TSA Conference
The Department of Anesthesiology was well represented by both our faculty and residents at the 2019 Texas Society of Anesthesiologists (TSA) annual meeting earlier this month. We are incredibly proud of the tremendous attendance and representation of the department; and would like to congratulate those who were elected into TSA leadership positions this year. Below are some of the highlights:
- Dr. Evan Pivalizza was elected as TSA President.
- Dr. George Williams was re-elected as TSA Treasurer
- Dr. Stephanie Bradley completed her year as inaugural chair of the resident component society.
- Dr. Adam Moore is the new chair of the resident component society.
- Dr. Paden Karnes is the new vice-chair of the resident component society.
- Our Jeopardy team—made up of Drs. Ben Buszek, Adam Moore, and Leslie Vargas-Galvan—was victorious and will get to defend their crown next year.
- Drs. Julius Balogh, Xuan Langridge, Stephanie Kemp, and Adam Moore represented the department as TSA resident committee members.
- Drs. Davide Cattano, Johanna de Haan, Rhashedah Ekeoduru, Sara Guzman-Reyes, Semhar Ghebremichael, Nadia Hernandez, Maria Matuszczak, Omonele Nwokolo, Srikanth Sridhar, Maya Suresh, Nitin Wadhwa, and John Zaki represented the department as faculty TSA committee members