UTHealth Houston invited to show its colors at Houston’s 2022 Pride Parade
Students, faculty, and staff from all six UTHealth Houston schools and UT Physicians and other clinics, along with family, friends, and allies, are invited to join the festivities and celebrate diversity at the 2022 Houston Pride Parade on Saturday, June 25, in downtown Houston.
In the past events, more than 200 participants wore colorful T-shirts, carried flags and banners, and tossed UTHealth Houston fans, bracelets, and other items into the crowd. To see the celebration of diversity during the 2019 Pride parade, view the university’s Flickr album. Photos from last year’s event “Dine with Pride” can be found online: Flickr album.
This year’s Pride Parade starts moving at 8 p.m. More information on when to arrive and where to gather can be found online.
When participating in a UTHealth Houston sponsored event, it is important to remember that participants represent the university. Please be mindful of the following parade rules:
- No nudity or obscenity
- No stickers or glitter to be passed out or tossed
- No firearms
- No alcohol in the parade staging area
- No cups (it will be assumed that it holds alcohol)
- Keep our space clean.
- The weather will be hot. There will be water bottles, but please bring your own as well.
- Wear comfy shoes and clothes, as the parade route is over a mile.
- Last year, there were porta potties in the staging areas so bring hand sanitizer.
Learn more at go.uth.edu/UTHealthHoustonParade.
Questions can be directed to 713-500-CALL or CALL@uth.tmc.edu.