The Houston Shock Symposium
About the Event
In just five short years, the Houston Shock Symposium has become one of the largest and most comprehensive cardiogenic shock events in the nation. Join us on April 14, 15 & 16 to draw on this momentum and help catalyze the next generation of care providers to continue to learn, teach, train, and network with experts in the field.
This year, the Houston Shock Symposium’s theme of Breaking Boundaries will focus on the five areas of shock management:
It is our aim to have world renowned experts in this field to share and advance knowledge, expertise, and vision to save lives and reduce shock’s unacceptable high mortality rate. To contribute to this advancement, this symposium is designed for:
- Advanced heart failure cardiologists
- Cardiothoracic surgeons
- Advanced practice providers
- Medical staff interested in the physiology, diagnosis, and management of cardiogenic shock
- Learn and network with national and international experts in the field of shock
- Hands-on training and troubleshooting of all percutaneous mechanical circulatory support devices in the state-of-the-art Shock Skills Lab
- Receive ABIM MOC, Continued Medical, Nursing, ASRT, and Perfusion Education Credits
- McGovern Medical School at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- Memorial Hermann Health System is accredited with distinction as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
The Royal Sonesta Houston Galleria
2222 West Loop South
Houston, Texas 77027
Valet and garage parking are available at the following rates:
- Valet – Day parking 0-3 hours: $15 (tax included)
- Valet – Day parking 3+ hours: $23 (tax included)
- Valet – Overnight parking: $36 (plus tax)
- Self – Day parking 0-3 hours: $10 (tax included)
- Self – Day parking 3+ hours: $18 (tax included)
- Self – Overnight parking: $26 (plus tax)