Ali Azizzadeh, MD, FACS
- Adjunct Professor, Division of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery
- Vascular & Endovascular Surgery
- Aortic Aneurysms
- Carotid Surgery
- Peripheral Arterial Disease
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Varicose Veins
Dr. Ali Azizzadeh is a board certified vascular surgeon who specializes in the minimally invasive treatment of vascular disease. He is currently Adjunct Professor at McGovern Medical School and the Memorial Hermann Heart and Vascular Institute in Houston.
Dr. Azizzadeh has authored or co-authored over 200 scientific publications, abstracts, and book chapters in medical journals and textbooks.
He has given over 150 invited lectures on various vascular surgery topics to local, regional, national, and international audiences.
He actively participates in research on novel surgical techniques that have greatly improved outcomes, including work to test new grafts, stents, and other devices.
Dr. Azizzadeh has won a number of awards, including the Baylor University Distinguished Young Alumnus Award in 2008.
American Board of Surgery, (General Surgery)
American Board of Surgery, (Vascular Surgery)
- Medical Degree
- Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, 1999
- General Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, 2003
- Vascular Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine and Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St. Louis, Missouri, 2004
Areas of Interests
Vascular & Endovascular Surgery, Aortic Aneurysms, Carotid Surgery, Peripheral Arterial Disease, Thoracic Outlet Syndrome, Varicose Veins
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- American Heart Association
- International Society for Vascular Surgery
- Society for Vascular Surgery
- Southern Association for Vascular Surgery
- Society for Clinical Vascular Surgery
- Michael E. DeBakey International Surgical Society
- Association for Academic Surgery
- American Medical Association
- 2015 Houstonia Magazine Top Doctors
- 2016 Houstonia Magazine Top Doctors
- 2016 Houston Chronicle Top Doctors