The Purpose of the Six-Year (Post-Tenure) Faculty Review
- Encompass a broader view of accomplishments in the preceding six-year (post-tenure) period.
- Encourage long-range planning.
Deadline: March 1 — download form
Instructions for the Faculty Member
- Your department chair will notify you six months prior to the deadline for submission of the review materials for the Six-Year Faculty Review.
- After you are notified, submit the following to the department chair:
- Copy of the Annual Faculty Review form for the last academic year of the review period.
- An updated curriculum vitae and bibliography, in the UTMSH format.
- The completed Annual Faculty Reviews for the preceding five academic years (without the c.v.)
- Other supporting materials you deem important for the review (i.e., letter of invitation to lecture, serve on editorial board, etc.).
Instructions for the Department Chair
- Notify the tenured faculty members to be reviewed six months in advance of the deadline for submission of the review materials.
- Conduct the Annual Faculty Review for the sixth year according to the Annual Review guidelines. You may add comments (optional) about his/her overall progress in the last six years.
- Submit the complete packet to the Office of Faculty Affairs,MSB G.420 by the March 1 deadline.
- The School Faculty Review Committee will review the documentation provided and forward its evaluation to the Dean via the Office of Faculty Affairs.
- You and the faculty member will be notified by the Dean regarding the outcome of the review process.
Instructions for the School Faculty Review Committee
- The tenured faculty member’s performance should be evaluated based on his/her Annual Faculty Reviews for the preceding six academic years and any supplemental materials submitted by the faculty member, the Departmental Peer Committee and the chair.
- Using the Six-Year (Post-Tenure) Faculty Review form, provide a written evaluation of the faculty member’s accomplishments in the broad areas of:
- Clinical Care
- In the review, consider the goals, expectations, assignments that were agreed upon by the faculty member and the department chair.
- The Six-Year (Post-Tenure) Faculty Review form should be signed by the chair of the School Faculty Review Committee and forwarded with all supporting documentation to the Dean.
- The Dean will notify the department chair and the faculty member about the outcome of the review.