The IVIS Lumina XR is live, whole animal imaging system, capable of performing longitudinal fluorescence, bioluminescence and X-ray analyses on a range of in vivo, and ex vivo subjects. Optimally designed to image mice, the IVIS Lumina XR is capable of imaging all common fluorescent and bioluminescent reporters/dyes ranging from green (~488 nm) to near-infrared. The unit also contains an isoflurane-based, gas anesthesia system, although investigators may utilize other methods of anesthesia provided they are approved by the UT-IACUC.
Inside the IVIS Lumina XR
- High-sensitivity in vivo and in vitro imaging of fluorescence and bioluminescence
- Back-thinned, back-illuminated grade 1 CCD provides high quantum efficiency over the entire visible to near-infrared spectrum
- Light-tight imaging chamber
- 8 position emission filter wheels
- 10 position excitation filter wheels
- 5 filter wheel choices for a broad range of fluorescence applications
- LED lamps for photographic images
- Heated stage to maintain optimum body temperature
- Automated motor controlled stage, filter wheel, lens position, and f-stop
- Average X-ray acquisition in less than 10 seconds
- Radiation shielded Cabinet
- Exceeds standards set by the US FDA Center for Devices and Radiological Health (21 CFR-1020.40)
- Automated image integration to overlay with Bioluminescence, Fluorescence and Photograph
In addition, the IVIS also has an optical zoom lens attachment for close up and high-resolution X-ray imaging.
This equipment is located in MSE R638.