Through the use of a generated evanescent wave, the TIRF system is able to selectively illuminate and excite fluorophores in a restricted region of sample immediately adjacent to the glass/oil interface. The TIRF system consists of an Olympus IX81 with ZDC stage control fitted with 3 lasers (443, 488, 561) to accommodate a wide range of experimental demands. Phase contrast, DIC and widefield fluorescence modalities are also available.
Key features include:
- 3 laser lines
- 443 nm
- 488 nm
- 561 nm
- Olympus IX81F-3 motorized inverted microscope
- 20X U Plan-Apo/0.75 NA
- 40X U Plan-Fluor/1.30 NA Oil
- 60X Plan-Apo/1.42 NA Oil
- 100X Plan-Apo/TIRF 1.45 NA Oil
- 100X Apo/TIRF 1.65 NA (requires special high refractive index oil and coverslip n=1.78)
- Dual QuantEM cameras for simultaneous imaging
This equipment is located in MSB 4.532.