Apply for Pulmonary & Critical Care Fellowship
Thank you for your interest in the Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine fellowships at McGovern Medical School at UTHealth in Houston, Texas. We offer a three year categorical Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine fellowship (PCCM) as well as a two-year categorical Critical Care Medicine (CCM) fellowship training program that prepares our graduates for the challenges and rigor of the exciting and evolving field of intensive care medicine.
All of our fellows receive in-depth didactic, ambulatory, and bedside education that prepares them for both pulmonary and critical care national certification. The mastery of procedural skills attained by our fellows is impressive, and our program’s focus on clinical research, quality improvement and patient safety complements the strong clinical foundation of our training curriculum. Furthermore, our fellows have ample opportunities to publish during their training.
How to Apply to our PCCM or CCM Fellowship
Our PCCM and CCM Program only accepts applications via the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
Deadline for ERAS applications is August 31 of each year. A complete application includes:
- Official medical school (allopathic / osteopathic) transcripts
- Valid ECFMG certificate (if applicable)
- Dean’s Letter from medical (allopathic / osteopathic) school
- Recent photo identification
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- USMLE transcripts
- Personal statement
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
- Visa status (if applicable) Please note that currently only J1 Visas are supported by our fellowship program.
Interviews are by invitation only and will take place on selected Fridays beginning in August through November of each year.
Thank you for your interest! We look forward to your application.
International medical graduate applicants (IMGs) are encouraged to review the following resources:
- J1 Visa Sponsorship Info (GOV WEBSITE)
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
- Graduate Medical Education (GME)
- Electronic Residency Application Service for Fellowship Applicants (ERAS)
- National Resident Match Program – Fellowship (NRMP)
For further information, please contact us:
Mark T. Warner, MD CMQ
Program Director, Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine Fellowship
6431 Fannin Street | MSB 1.282 | Houston, Texas 77030
713-500-5431 tel | 713-500-6829 fax
Lilit Sargsyan, MD
Associate Program Director, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Fellowship
Saadia Faiz, MD
Assistant Program Director, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Fellowship