Dimpal Bhakta, MD
- Assistant Professor, Gastroenterology, Hepatology & Nutrition
Dr. Dimpal Bhakta earned her medical degree from the Medical College of Georgia in Augusta, Georgia. She completed her Internal Medicine training at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas and went on to be chosen as a Chief Medical Resident. She finished her fellowship in Gastroenterology at New York University in New York City. She is currently completing her Advanced Endoscopy training here at UTHealth while also serving as a Clinical Instructor in the Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition.
She is active member of various national Gastroenterology societies and currently serves on the American College of Gastroenterology Women in GI Committee. Her clinical interests include obesity and bariatric endoscopy as well as management of pancreaticobiliary diseases. Additionally, she is interested in diversity and inclusion as it pertains to medical education.
During her free time, she enjoys exploring the many restaurants in Houston and relaxing with her wife and dog. She additionally is an avid runner and enjoys traveling.
- Medical School
- Medical College of Georgia, 2013
- Baylor College of Medicine, 2016
- Chief Medical Residency
- Baylor College of Medicine, 2017
- Gastroenterology Fellowship
- New York University School of Medicine, 2020
- Advanced Gastroenterology Fellowship
- The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, 2021
Areas of Interest
- Pancreatobiliary diseases
- Obesity and bariatric endoscopy
- Internal Medicine