“Having my own pulmonary and sleep clinic allows me to work closely with my patients as we work together to improve their health”
Dr. Farah Akhtar is an Assistant Professor of Medicine at McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth). She attended the University of Texas at Austin and the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Medical School. She completed both her Internal Medicine residency in 2011 and her Pulmonary fellowship in 2013 at Baylor College of Medicine. The following year she completed her Sleep fellowship at the Stanford School of Medicine.
As the Dashwood Clinic continues to grow and develop, Dr. Akhtar leads the outpatient Pulmonary and Sleep experience in the community.
- Medical Degree
- Texas Tech University School of Medicine, Lubbock, TX
- Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Pulmonary, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Sleep, Stanford University Medical Center, Redwood City, CA
Areas of Interests
- Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine
- COPD, Emphysema
- Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA)
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Pulmonary Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Sleep Medicine