Farah Akhtar, MD
- Assistant Professor, Critical Care Medicine, Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine
Dr. Farah Akhtar is an Assistant Professor at The University of Texas Health Science Center in Houston (UTHealth). She attended the University of Texas at Austin and the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Medical School. She completed both her Internal Medicine residency in 2011 and her Pulmonary fellowship in 2013 at Baylor College of Medicine. The following year she completed her Sleep fellowship at the Stanford School of Medicine.
As the Dashwood Clinic grows and develops, Dr. Akhtar aims to establish an outpatient Pulmonary and Sleep resource for the community.
- Medical Degree
- Texas Tech University School of Medicine, Lubbock, TX
- Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Pulmonary, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Sleep, Stanford University Medical Center, Redwood City, CA
Areas of Interests
- Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Pulmonary Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Sleep Medicine