Jason L. Burnett, Ph.D.
- Assistant Professor, Geriatric and Palliative Medicine
- Clinical and Behavioral Research
- Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- Geriatric Medicine
Dr. Jason Burnett is a gerontologist and serves as the co-Director of the Texas Elder Abuse and Mistreatment Institute (TEAM). His work primarily focuses on research and education regarding older adults who experience abuse, neglect and/or exploitation. A central focus of his work also includes Directorship of the TEAM-Forensic Assessment Center Network which utilizes web-based and telehealth modalities to link Adult Protective Services and Texas Health and Human Services clients, anywhere in the state of Texas, to geriatric and elder mistreatment experts located in Houston, Texas for assessment, evaluation and protective service planning. Dr. Burnett joined UTHealth Medical School as a founding member of the Division of Geriatric and Palliative Medicine in 2007 and joined the faculty in 2012 after earning his PhD from the UTHealth, School of Public Health.
- Doctor of Philosophy
- UTHealth School of Public Health
- Master of Science
- The University of Louisiana at Monroe, Monroe Louisiana
- Bachelor Degree
- Tarleton State University, Stephenville, Texas