Dr. Mohammad Madjid is an Associate Professor at McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth).
Dr. Madjid has completed his residency in Internal Medicine at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, and fellowships in Cardiovascular Diseases and Interventional Cardiology at Texas Heart Institute/St. Luke’s Hospital in Houston, TX. He is Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Interventional Cardiology, Adult Echocardiography, and Nuclear Cardiology.
He has previously served as an assistant professor of medicine at UTHealth and a Senior Research Scientist at the Texas Heart Institute. After finishing his fellowships, he returned to the UTHealth at his current position as an Assistant Professor of Medicine in the Division of Cardiology. His office location is at UT Physicians Bayshore Multi-Specialty Clinic. He is affiliated with multiple hospitals including Memorial Hermann Hospital in the Texas Medical Center, Memorial Hermann Hospital Southeast, and Bayshore Hospital.
Dr. Madjid has received a Master of Science in Clinical Research from UTHealth. He has numerous scientific publications and has served on national guideline committees for American Heart Association, American College of Cardiology, and Centers for Disease Control. His research interest is focused on atherosclerosis, lipids, and preventing cardiovascular diseases. His clinical expertise include treatment of high cholesterol, coronary artery disease, coronary balloon angioplasty, coronary artery stenting, and peripheral vascular balloon angioplasty and stenting.
- Medical Degree
- University of Tehran
- Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Cardiovascular Diseases, Texas Heart Institute/Baylor College of Medicine
- Interventional Cardiology, Texas Heart Institute/Baylor College of Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Interventional Cardiology
- National Board of Echocardiography-Adult Echocardiography, Level II with TEE training
- Certification Board of Nuclear Cardiology- Level II