Rahat Hussain, MD
- Associate Professor of Internal Medicine | Medical Director, Pulmonary Rehabilitation, Wellness Center | Medical Director, Heart Failure Intermediate Unit | Co-Director, Sarcoidosis Center | Lung Transplant Physician | ECMO specialist
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Critical Care Medicine
713-704-4000 Center for Advanced Heart Failure
Dr. Rahat Hussain is a graduate of Dow Medical College, Karachi, Pakistan. After coming to United States for higher education and training he was involved in research at Detroit Medical Center, Wayne State University where he studied Neurocritical Care patients and Intracranial Hemorrhage. In addition, Dr. Hussain also did research with cardiac arrest patients and hypothermia. He was also involved with research at Baylor College of Medicine at the VA Hospital in Houston, where he managed to work with leaders in the Infectious disease Department.
He completed his Internal Medicine Training at UT-RAHC and joined fellowship in Pulmonary Critical Care Medicine at Baylor College of Medicine. During his training he also completed a Lung Transplant Fellowship at Baylor College of Medicine.
Dr. Hussain has been practicing at UT Health Science Center in Houston TX since 2012. He is a Pulmonary Critical Care and Lung Transplant Physician at Memorial Hermann Hospital at the Texas Medical Center which is the largest medical center in the world. Dr. Hussain is the Medical Director of the Sarcoidosis clinic at UT Health Science Center. He is also the Medical Director of the Heart and Lung Transplant Intermediate unit at Memorial Hermann Hospital and is responsible for quality and patient care outcomes. His practice includes taking care of patients in the ICU with Severe Respiratory failure, Severe Heart failure, and Lung Transplant patient’s management. Dr. Hussain’s outpatient clinic is focused on Sarcoidosis, COPD, Post Transplant Pulmonary complications, Pre and Post Lung Transplant care, Pulmonary Fibrosis. His expertise include ECMO, LVADs, Post op management of advanced heart failure patients, Heart and Lung Transplant ICU and medical management, Sarcoidosis, COPD, and phosgene exposure. His research interest includes ECMO and its outcomes, Lung Transplant and Sarcoidosis.
He is also actively involved in building a financial curriculum for the medical students at University of Texas Health Science Center, McGovern School of Medicine. Along with his colleagues he has created a Transition to Residency financial curriculum. He also gives financial wellness lectures at different residency and fellowship departments with and outside the University.
If you would like to contact Dr. Hussain you can reach him at 713-704-4300 or you can email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Medical Degree
- Dow Medical College, Pakistan
- The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio - Regional Academic Health Center, San Antonio, TX
- Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Lung Transplant Fellowship, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Pulmonary Disease
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Critical Care Medicine