“Comprehensive care for patients with advanced lung diseases.”
Dr. Soma Jyothula is board certified in internal medicine, pulmonary medicine and critical care medicine and has been practicing medicine since 2006. His clinical interests include lung transplantation, interstitial lung disease, COPD, pulmonary hypertension and interventional pulmonology.
Dr. Jyothula’s practice philosophy is to provide the highest quality, comprehensive and innovative care to patients with chronic lung disease. He believes in a personalized approach to managing each patient’s medical needs.
Dr. Jyothula is the medical director of the Lung Transplant Center at Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center and serves as an Associate Professor at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) McGovern Medical School. He is a member of the American College of Chest Physicians, American Thoracic Society, American Society of Transplantation and International Society of Heart & Lung Transplantation.
A resident of Houston’s Museum District, Dr. Jyothula has two children. In his spare time, he enjoys skeet shooting, running, historical fiction, and has aspirations to be a writer.
- Medical Degree
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
- Internal Medicine, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
Areas of Interest
- Lung transplantation
- Interstitial lung disease
- Advanced COPD
- Interventional Pulmonology
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Critical Care Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Pulmonary Disease
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Internal Medicine