Xiaodong Zhou, MD
- Professor, Rheumatology and Clinical Immunogenetics
- Rheumatology and Clinical Immunogenetics
Dr. Zhou obtained his MD from Jiangxi Medical College in Nanchang, China. He joined the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) from University of Pittsburgh. He became Instructor of Internal Medicine in 1999, and then Assistant Professor in 2000, Associate Professor in 2006, and Full Professor in 2014. Dr. Zhou is an Editorial Board Member for seven medical journals. He is the Editor-in-Chief of the Open Rheumatology Journal. He holds grants from the NIH-NIAMS, NIAID, US Army Medical Research Acquisition Activity, the Scleroderma Foundation and other funding resources. His research interests include systemic sclerosis, ankylosing spondylitis and other rheumatic diseases with particular emphasis on the major histocompatibility complex, fibrosis, inflammation, autoimmunity, gene-environment interactions and complex genetic networks.
- Medical Degree
- Jiangxi Medical College, Nanchang, Jiangxi, China
- Master of Science
- University of Houston, Houston, Texas
- Internal Medicine, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Internal Medicine, University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Houston, TX.