Fellows rotate on the consult service at, M.D. Anderson Cancer center, the number one cancer center in the United States. This unique experience allows for exposure to acute kidney injury in a novel setting. The array of electrolyte disorders encountered challenge our fellows and ensure confidence in treating even the most obscure scenarios upon completion of their fellowship.
- Kala J, Finkel K: The kidney in malignancy, in Perazella, Bomback, Gilbert (eds) Primer on Kidney Diseases 7th ed., Elsevier Saunders, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 2017 (in press)
- Finkel K: Renal disease in cancer patients- Onco-Nephrology, in Taal, Chertow, Marsden, Skorecki, Yu, and Brenner (eds), Brenner & Rector’s The Kidney 10th ed., Elsevier Saunders, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 2016
- Finkel and Howard (eds), Renal Diseases in Cancer Patients 1st ed., Elsevier Saunders, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 2014
- Paraprotein-Related Kidney Disease: Evaluation and Treatment of Myeloma Cast Nephropathy.
Finkel KW, Cohen EP, Shirali A, Abudayyeh A; American Society of Nephrology Onco-Nephrology Forum. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2016 Dec 7; 11(12):2273-2279.
- Paraprotein-Related Kidney Disease: Kidney Injury from Paraproteins-What Determines the Site of Injury?
Doshi M, Lahoti A, Danesh FR, Batuman V, Sanders PW; American Society of Nephrology Onco-Nephrology Forum. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2016 Dec 7;11(12):2288-2294.
- Incidence rate, clinical correlates, and outcomes of AKI in patients admitted to a comprehensive cancer center.
Salahudeen AK, Doshi SM, Pawar T, Nowshad G, Lahoti A, Shah P. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2013 Mar;8(3):347-54.