Dhriti Sinha, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
- 2005: B.Sc., Microbiology, Calcutta University, India
- 2007: M.Sc, Biotechnology, Jadavpur University, India
- 2009: M.A., Microbiology, Indiana University Bloomington
- 2014: Ph.D., Microbiology, Indiana University Bloomington
- 2014-Present: Postdoctoral Research Fellow, UTHealth Science Center, Houston, TX
Honors and Awards
- Women in Science Program Travel Award, 2013
- Outstanding graduate student poster, Microbiology Retreat, Indiana University Bloomington, 2013
- George Hudock Fellowship, Indiana University Bloomington, 2013
- Floyd Microbiology Summer Fellowship, Indiana University Bloomington, 2008-2012
- Hoover, S.E., Perez, A.J., Tsui, H.C., Sinha, D., Smiley, D.L, DiMarchi, R.D., Winkler, M.E., Lazazzera, B.A. (2015) A new quorum-sensing system for Streptococcus pneumoniae D39 that regulates a lantibiotic biosynthesis gene cluster. Molecular Microbiology, April; doi: 10.1111/mmi.13029.
- Tsui, H.C.*, Mukherjee, D.*, Ray, V.A., Sham, L.T., Feig, A.L., Winkler, M.E. (2010) Identification and characterization of noncoding small RNAs in Streptococcus pneumoniae serotype 2 strain D39. Journal of Bacteriology, Jan. 192(1):264-79. *co-first author