UTH Share – Enabling PHI Access
This page will provide instructions on how a current UTHealth employee can enable¬†their UTH Share account to allow PHI data to be stored on it.
To store PHI data on such an account, the following items are required:
- A valid, active UTHealth network account. Contact your department LAN Manager for assistance if you don’t currently have a network account.
- A valid, active UTH Share account. If you do not currently have an active UTH Share account, go to the UTH Share Sign Up Page to open a UTH Share account. Once this account is set up, you will have a non-PHI enabled UTH Share account, and can now go to¬†to the Procedure section that follows.
NOTE:¬†Users who initiate this procedure but do not complete it within 14 days will have their UTH Share account disabled.¬†To re-enable it, contact your LAN Manager.
- Sign in to the UTH Share password change web page.
- Fill out the sign in form.
- When prompted, indicate that you want to enable PHI access by clicking on the “Agree PHI Data”¬†checkbox (1), then clicking the NEXT button (2).
Note that when you enable PHI access, you will no longer have access to the following services:
- Sharing documents publicly on the web with your UTH Share account;
- YouTube (note: you can still use YouTube in a private account or via another browser);
- Google Hangouts;
- Google Groups;
- The Chrome web store;
- Add-ons; and
- Next, you¬†will arrive at a¬†screen that signifies that you¬†have completed acknowledgement to set up¬†the PHI account. Click LOGOUT (1) if you are done setting up the account for now, or click “Continue on Google Password Change” (2) to set your Google password.
- If you have just created a new account, you¬†must then return to the agreement screen to enable the PHI access, after accepting the agreement you¬†will be brought to the following screen(s).
- Next, you will get an email indicating that you must attest that you¬†understand that by enabling PHI for UTH Share, they change their access to some of the services offered, and in addition you must enable two-factor authentication.¬†An email will be sent to you¬†that will contain instructions on how to register for two-factor authentication, and then you will be brought back to an attestation page to verify that two factor authentication has been enabled on your¬†account. Step 1 (1) will provide a link where you can enable two-factor authentication for UTH Share. Step 2 (2) will allow you to complete the PHI Attestation Form. Follow the instructions in the email, an example of which is provided here:
- After attesting that you¬†have enabled two-factor authentication, you will need to complete the PHI Attestation Form. Click YES or NO (1) to indicate whether or not¬†you agree to accept the terms shown onscreen to enable PHI access on your UTH Share account, then click the CONFIRM button (2) to complete the form.
- You¬†will get the below screen and you¬†account will be enabled for PHI access.
The procedure has been completed. You are now set up with a UTH Share account that is enabled for PHI access.
Last modified: May 16, 2016