The Institutional Anatomical Oversight Review Committee (IAORC) was formed at the request of UT System and whose purpose is to establish guidelines and define accountability for oversight of the appropriate management of deceased human bodies (cadavers) and human anatomical specimens used in The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston.
IAORC Policies And Procedures
All faculty members interested in using anatomical specimens for education or research should be aware of the school’s Policies and Procedures.
- Complete Policies and Procedures (HOOP Policy)
- Summary of Policies and Procedures
- Request for Use of Human Anatomical Specimens
- Considerations for Users of the SCSC
- Policies Regarding Unembalmed Specimens
- Faculty FAQ