- Download JAVA 2 to the computer.
- Go to the java.sun, J2SE Downloads page: http://java.sun.com/j2se/downloads.html
- Select the most recent version of either the JRG or JDK.
- Select Windows Platform.
- Save JAVA to the directory of your choice (for example: C:\program files\SDK2);
- Open the directory with downloaded JAVA, find and click the JAVA icon to install JAVA.
Detailed instructions can be found at: http://java.sun.com
- Download WinZip.
- Go to the WinZip website: http://www.winzip.com;
- Download and install WinZip.
- Download SNNAP.
- Open the SNNAP website: http://med.uth.edu/nba/snnap/
- Go to the Downloads page and select either SNNAP 7 or SNNAP 8;
- Save SNNAP in a directory of your choice on your hard drive (e.g. C:\SNNAP)
- Find the downloaded SNNAP file in the directory;
- Click the SNNAP icon;
- Save the unzipped SNNAP files in a directory (e.g. C:\SNNAP).
NOTE: Path name cannot contain blank character.
- Run SNNAP in Windows 95/98/NT/2000.
In the Windows environment, go to the folder where SNNAP 7 or SNNAP 8 is located, click the SNNAP icon and the program interface will appear.Alternatively, in command (CMD) environment, change directory to where SNNAP 7 or SNNAP 8 is located and type: java -jar SNNAP7.jar
java -jar SNNAP8.jar
The SNNAP program interface will appear. In this type of installation, if there is error for the installation the error messages will be displayed.
- Create a shortcut for SNNAP.
- Go to SNNAP folder;
- Highlight the SNNAP icon;
- Put the cursor on to the icon to highlight it and drag it to the desktop screen. The shortcut for SNNAP is now created.