The Human Structure Facility is operated and managed by UTHealth McGovern Medical School’s Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy on behalf of The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston.
Among other duties, the Human Structure Facility:
- Manages the custody and assignment of human cadavers;
- Is responsible for receiving, embalming, preparing, storing and maintaining of cadavers received as medical science body donations through the University’s Willed Body Program;
- Supplies the University’s teaching laboratories with disposable materials needed for instruction; and
- Maintains accurate records on all cadavers and their related human tissue as used by the University and select other nearby medical institutions.
- Room MSB B.202 | 6431 Fannin Street | Houston, TX 77030
Room MSB B.202 | 6431 Fannin Street | Houston, TX 77030