- Faculty Profiles
- Qilin Cao, M.D.
Associate Professor, The Vivian L. Smith Department of Neurosurgery
Education & Training
- Graduate School
- Hunan Medical University, Hunan, China (Medical School)
- Graduate School
- Hunan Medical University, Hunan, China (Master in Science, Anatomy and Neurobiology)
- Cao QL, Howard RM, Dennison JB, Whittemore SR. Differentiation of engrafted neuronal-restricted precursor cells is inhibited in the traumatically injured spinal cord. Exp Neurol 2002; 177:349-359.
- Loy DN, Magnuson Ds, Zhang YP, Onifer SM, Mills MD, Cao QL, Darnall JB, Fajardo LC, Burke DA, Whittemore SR. Functional redundancy of ventral spinal locomotor pathways. J Neurosci 2002; 22:315-323.
- Cao QL, Zhang YP, Iannoti C, DeVries WH, Xu XM, Shields CB, Whittemore SR. Functional and electrophysiological changes after graded traumatic spinal cord injury in adult rats. Exp Neurol 2005; 191:S3-16.
- Loy DN, Seoufe AE, Pelt JL, Burke DA, Cao QL, Talbott JF, Whittemore SR. Serum biomarkers for acute spinal cord injury: rapid elevation of neuron-specific enolase and S-100. Neurosurgery 2005; 56:391-397.
- Cao QL, Xu XM, DeVries WH Enzmann GU, Ping P, Tsoulfas P, Wood PM, Bunge MB, Whittemore SR. Functional recovery after transplantation of multineurotrophin-expressing glial-restricted precursor cells into traumatically injured spinal cord. J Neurosci 2005; 25:6947-6957.
- Enzmann GU, Benton RL, Talbott JF, Cao QL, Whittemore SR. Functional considerations of stem cell transplantation therapy for spinal cord repair. J Neurotrauma 2006; 23:479-495.
- Talbott JF, Cao QL, Enzmann GU, Benton RL, Achim V, Mills MD, Rao MS, Whittemore SR. Schwann cell-like differentiation by adult oligodendrocyte precursor cells following engraftment into the demyelinated spinal cord is BMP dependent. Glia 2006; 54: 147-159.
- Talbott JF, Cao QL, Bertrame J, Nkansah M, Benton RL, Lavik E, Whittemore SR. CNTF promotes the survival and differentiation of adult spinal cord-delivered oligodendrocyte precursor cells in vitro but fails to promote remyelination in vivo. Exp Neurol 2007; 204:485-489.