Yuanqing Yan, PhD
- Assistant Professor, Vivian L. Smith Department of Neurosurgery, UTHealth Medical School
Dr. Yuanqing Yan earned his Ph.D. in Genetics & Genomics and M.S. in Statistics at the University of Florida. Afterward, he worked as a Statistical Analyst and then Postdoctoral Fellow in the Department of Biostatistics at MD Anderson Cancer Center, where he integrated clinical outcomes with high-throughput omics data to discover biomarkers for early detection of lung cancer, seek novel therapeutic targets against MDS/AML and breast cancer, and refer the association between gene mutation and chemotherapy in CLL.
In 2017, Dr. Yan joined the Vivian L. Smith Department of Neurosurgery at University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston as an Assistant Professor. Dr. Yan’s research interest is to apply advanced bioinformatics tools and statistical computing algorithms in high dimensional genomics/proteomics data to decipher genomics alteration in vascular disease and cancer. He is interested in identifying therapeutic targets for disease treatment and discovering molecular biomarkers for disease prevention.
- Genetics & Genomics, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
- Graduate School
- Statistics, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
1) Nguyen K*, Yan Y*, Yuan B, Dasgupta A, Sun J, Mu H, Do KA, Ueno NT, Andreeff M, Battula VL. ST8SIA1 regulates tumor growth and metastasis in TNBC by activating the FAK-AKT-mTOR signaling pathway. Molecular Cancer Therapeutics. 2018. (*Contribute equally)
2) Zorofchian S, El-Achi H, Yan Y, Esquenazi Y, Ballester LY. Characterization of genomic alterations in primary central nervous system lymphomas. Journal of Neuro-Oncology. 2018 Aug 31.
3) Ballester LY, Lu G, Zorofchian S, Vantaku V, Putluri V, Yan Y, Arevalo O, Zhu P, Riascos RF, Sreekumar A, Esquenazi Y, Putluri N, Zhu JJ. Analysis of cerebrospinal fluid metabolites in patients with primary or metastatic central nervous system tumors. Acta Neuropathological Communications. 2018 6(1):85
4) Takahashi K*, Wang F*, Morita K, Yan Y, Hu P, Zhao P, Zhar AA, et al. Integrative genomic analysis of adult mixed phenotype acute leukemia (MPAL) delineates lineage associated molecular subtypes. Nature Communications. 2018 9(1):2670
5) Beli E*, Yan Y*, Moldovan L, Vieira CP, Gao R, Duan Y, Prasad R, et al. Restructuring of the Gut Microbiome by Intermittent Fasting Prevents Retinopathy and Prolongs Survival in db/db Mice. Diabetes. 2018 9(1):2670. (*Contribute equally)
6) Morita K*, Kantarjian HM*, Wang F*, Yan Y*, Bueso-Ramos C, Sasaki K, Issa GC, Wang S, et al. Clearance of Somatic Mutations at Remission and the Risk of Relapse in Acute Myeloid Leukemia. Journal of Clinical Oncology. 2018 36(18):1788-1797 (*Contribute equally)
7) Brewster AM, Thomas P, Brown P, Coyne R, Yan Y, Checka C, Middleton L, Do KA, Bevers T. A System-Level Approach to Improve the Uptake of Antiestrogen Preventive Therapy among Women with Atypical Hyperplasia and Lobular Cancer In Situ. Cancer Prevention Research. 2018 11(5):295-302.
8) Takahashi K*, Hu B*, Wang F*, Yan Y*, Kim E, Vitale C, Patel KP, Strati P, Gumbs C, Little L, Tippen S, et al. Clinical implications of cancer gene mutations in patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia treated with lenalidomide. Blood. 2018 131(16):1820-1832. (*Contribute equally)
9) Yan Y, Gao R, Trinh TLP, Grant MB. Immunodeficiency in Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma with Diabetes Revealed by Comparative Genomics. Clinical Cancer Research. 2017 23(20):6363-6373.
10) Kady N, Yan Y, Salazar T, Wang Q, et al. Increase in acid sphingomyelinase level in human retinal endothelial cells and CD34+ circulating angiogenic cells isolated from diabetic individuals is associated with dysfunctional retinal vasculature and vascular repair process in diabetes. Journal of Clinical Lipidology. 2017 11(3):694-703
11) Chen S, Ibrahim N, Yan Y, Wong S, Wang H, Wong F. Complete Metabolic Response on Interim 18F-Fluorodeoxyglucose Positron Emission Tomography/Computed Tomography to Predict Long-term Survival in Patients with Breast Cancer Undergoing Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy. The Oncologist. 2017 22(5): 526-534
12) Salazar T*, Richardson MR*, Beli E, Ripsch M, George J, Kim Y, Duan Y, Moldovan L, Yan Y, et al, Electroacupuncture promotes CNS-dependent release of mesenchymal stem cells. Stem Cells. 2017 35(5): 1303-1315
13) Qi X, Pay L, Yan Y, Thomas J, Lewin A, Chang LJ, Grant MB, Boulton M. Systemic injection of RPE65-programmed bone marrow-derived cells prevents progression of chronic retinal degeneration. Molecular Therapy. 2017 25(4): 917-927.
14) Wert KJ, Mahajan VB, Zhang L, Yan Y, et al. Neuroretinal hypoxic signaling in a new preclinical murine model for proliferative diabetic retinopathy. Signal Transduction and Targeted Therapy. 2016 1:16005
15) Bhatwadekar A, Yan Y, Stepps V, Hazra S, Korah M, Bartelmez S, Chaqour B, Grant MB. miR-92a Corrects CD34+ Cell Dysfunction in Diabetes by Modulating Core Circadian Genes Involved in Progenitor Differentiation. Diabetes. 2015 64(12):4226-37
16) Chen S, Ibrahim N, Yan Y, Wong S, Wang H, Wong F. Risk Stratification in Patients with Advanced-stage Breast Cancer by Pretreatment 18F-FDG PET/CT. Cancer. 2015 121(22):3965-74
17) Ashton A, Yan Y, Wei W, et al. Transarterial hepatic chemoembolization with 70-150um drug eluting beads: assessment of clinical safety and liver toxicity profile. Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology. 2015 26(7): 965-971
18) Gao R, Cao C, Zhang M, Lopez M, Yan Y, et al. A unifying gene signature for adenoid cystic cancer identifies parallel MYB-dependent and MYB-independent therapeutic targets. Oncotarget. 2014 5(24):12528-42
19) Shirazi F, Farmakiotis D, Yan Y, et al. Diet modification and metformin have a beneficial effect in a fly model of obesity and mucormycosis. PloS ONE. 2014 9(9):e108635
20) Wang Q, Tikhonenko M, Bozack SN, Lydic TA, Yan L, Panchy NL, Mcsorley KM, Faber MS, Yan Y, et al. Changes in the Daily Rhythm of Lipid Metabolism in the Diabetic Retina. PloS ONE. 2014 9(4): e95028
21) Wang Q, Bozack S, Yan Y, et al. Regulation of Retinal Inflammation by Rhythmic Expression of MiR-146a in Diabetic Retina. IOVS. 2014 55(6):3986-94
22) Yan Y, Salazar T, Dominguez J, et al. Dicer expression exhibits a tissue-specific diurnal pattern that is lost during aging and in diabetes. PloS ONE. 2013 8(11): e80029
23) Hu P, Thinschmidt J, Yan Y, et al. CNS Inflammation and Bone Marrow Neuropathy in Type 1 Diabetes. The American Journal of Pathology. 2013 183(5):1608-20
24) Bhatwadekar A, Yan Y, Qi X, et al. Per2 mutation recapitulates the vascular phenotype of diabetes in the retina and bone marrow. Diabetes. 2013 62(1):273-82
25) Jarajapu YP, Cai J, Yan Y, et al. Protection of blood retinal barrier and systemic vasculature by insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3. PLoS One. 2012 7(7):e39398
26) Hazra S, Rasheed A, Bhatwadekar A, Wang X, Shaw LC, Patel M, Caballero S, Magomedova L, Solis N, Yan Y et al. Liver X Receptor Modulates Diabetic Retinopathy Outcome in a Mouse Model of Streptozotocin-Induced Diabetes. Diabetes. 2012 61(12):3270-9
27) Yan Y, Li SW, Yang CY, et al. The prediction of a common neutralizing epitope of H5N1 Avian Influenza Virus by in silico Molecular Docking. Chinese Science Bulletin. 2008 53(6): 868-877