As part of a CPRIT shared instrumentation grant, the Institute for Molecular Medicine (IMM) Flow Cytometry Service Center at The University of Texas Health Science Center will select several investigators to receive CPRIT-supported use of the BD FACS Aria II.
The goal of the support is to stimulate new cancer research initiatives in the Texas Medical Center. The funds will offset the hourly usage re-charge rate of the instrument for TMC investigators who are:
- new to the area of cancer research,
- in need of grant-bridging support, or
- constitute a new group of interdisciplinary faculty to spur new collaborations in cancer research.
Selection of CPRIT-supported investigators will be performed by the IMM Flow Cytometry Advisory Committee.
If you are interested in receiving CPRIT-supported use of the BD FACS Aria II in the IMM Flow Cytometry Service Center, please submit a proposal outlining your project by Dec. 15to Amy.Hazen@uth.tmc.edu.
The proposal should be a maximum of two pages and contain the following information:
- Principal investigator(s):
- Relevance to cancer:
- Project description:
- Proposed # of hours/schedule of experiments:
- Current funding:
- How the project will lead to external funding in the next 12 – 24 months: (please include name of grant mechanism and date of planned submission)