The TIRR Memorial Hermann Cancer Wellness Program offers an enriched environment for cancer survivors of all abilities at every phase of their journey. As part of the cancer survivorship care plan, individuals with cancer are given the opportunity to participate in exercise and physical activity to enhance participation in meaningful life roles. Professional fitness specialists will be working closely with the clients through customized exercise programs with monitoring and education.
Services help to:
- Improve strength, energy, and flexibility
- Relieve fatigue and sleep deprivation
- Alleviate stress, anxiety, and depression
- Reduce pain and muscle strain
- Facilitate lifestyle changes
- Enhance quality of life
- Promote lifelong health and wellness
- Maximize potential for greater function
Special programs include:
- Open gym – Access to a fully adapted fitness center with various strength training and fitness equipment.
- Personal training – One-on-one personal training with fitness specialists, offering exercise programs tailored to the goals of the client.
A physician referral is required to participate in the program. For more information, please call 713.242.2290.