All UTHealth ID badges are getting a makeover. New badges will be printed for all students, residents, fellows, faculty, and staff in October, and a schedule will be made for badge pick-up locations around campus.
Auxiliary Enterprises will be printing the new badges and laminating them on front of the current ones. This way, the new look will not affect any security, parking, library or other accesses that are currently coded on the back of your badge. An announcement will be made in the coming weeks of the badge pick-up schedule.
If your badge is 10 years or older, you will be required to either submit or have a new photo taken. Whitney Anderson in UTHealth Auxiliary Enterprises has been in contact everyone with a badge 10 years old or older to have a new photo taken. Everyone is invited to submit a new photo for the badge by Sept. 26, following the requirements below.
Degree credentials for those who care for patients will be required to be printed on the badge. To submit your degree credentials, MD, RN, etc., please contact Erica Torres.
Your photograph must:
- Must be saved in jpeg/jpg format
- Resemble a passport photo or driver’s license photo
- Be taken within the past two months, showing current appearance
- Be in color
- Show your full face, front view with a plain white background
Photo must be taken in normal business attire, colored or dark clothing.
- Uniforms should not be worn in photo
- Do not wear a hat or headgear (except for religious purposes)
- If you normally wear prescription glasses, they should be worn for your picture
- Dark glasses or non-prescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless you need them for medical reasons. A medical certificate may be required.
Personal photos are acceptable as long as they meet the above criteria. You also can have your photo taken at an official passport location, such as the Medical School’s Office of Communications. Please call 713-500-5530 to schedule an appointment.