The UTHealth Information Technology Department is pleased to announce that UTHealth has selected Cisco WebEx as a new tool for video and audio collaboration. Students, faculty, and staff will now be able to use this technology, free of charge, to schedule interactive online meetings. WebEx includes Outlook calendar integration, allowing you to schedule WebEx meetings directly from your Outlook calendar. Each online WebEx meeting you host will support up to 1,000 participants. Students that do not have Outlook will need to use the WebEx site to schedule meetings and events.
UTHealth students, faculty, and staff will have access to use:
- WebEx Meeting Center – for basic online meetings and collaboration
- WebEx Event Center – for large, structured online events and seminars
- WebEx Training Center – the virtual, online classroom
What you need to know and do:
- If you do not already have the WebEx tools installed in Microsoft Office applications (see below screenshot), you can install it by following the steps below or contact your Lan Manager and ask them to install the WebEx tools on your computer.
- Navigate to https://uthealth.webex.com and login to activate your WebEx account. Enter your UTHealth email address and password.
How do you get help? Watch a recorded training class. Password is – Training123
Contact your Lan Manager.