Board rule §171.6 states in part that the Director of each approved postgraduate training program shall report in writing to the Executive Director of the Board, the following events within thirty days of their occurrence.
171.6. Duties of Program Directors to Report.
(a) Failure of any postgraduate training program director to comply with the provisions of this chapter or the Medical Practice Act §160.002 and §160.003 may be grounds for disciplinary action as an administrative violation against the program director.
(b) The director of each approved postgraduate training program shall report in writing to the executive director of the board the following circumstances within thirty (30) days of the director’s knowledge for all participants completing postgraduate training:
(1) if a physician did not begin the training program due to failure to graduate from medical school as scheduled or for any other reason(s);
(2) if a physician has been or will be absent from the program for more than 21 consecutive days (excluding vacation, military, or family leave not related to the participant’s medical condition) and the reason(s) why;
(3) if a physician has been arrested after the permit holder begins training in the program;
(4) if a physician poses a continuing threat to the public welfare as defined under Tex. Occ. Code §151.002(a)(2), as amended;
(5) if the program has taken final action that adversely affects the physician’s status or privileges in a program for a period longer than 30 days;
(6) if the program has suspended the physician from the program;
(7) if the program has requested termination or terminated the physician from the program, requested or accepted withdrawal of the physician from the program, or requested or accepted resignation of the physician from the program and the action is final.
(c) A violation of §§164.051-164.053 or any other provision of the Medical Practice Act is grounds for disciplinary action by the Board.
Source Note: The provisions of this §171.6 adopted to be effective November 7, 2004, 29 TexReg 10107; amended to be effective June 29, 2006, 31 TexReg 5100; amended to be effective August 10, 2008, 33 TexReg 6134; amended to be effective December 18, 2011, 36 TexReg 8377; amended to be effective December 23, 2012, 37 TexReg 9773.