at McGovern Medical School
- Graduate Medical Education (GME)
- Residents and Clinical Fellows
- Resources for Past Residents & Clinical Fellows
Resources for Past Residents & Clinical Fellows
- Verification of Training/Past Employment – The GME Office will only verify dates of training as indicated on the respective appointment agreement(s). Requests for training verification must be submitted in writing directly by the entity that is requesting the information. It should be submitted with a signed release of information from the former resident/fellow. The GME Office will not do verbal verification under any circumstances and we will not release information of any kind without the signature release. If the verification is for a state medical board, you must submit the official form from the medical board with a signed letter from the resident requesting release of the information. Verification requests for state medical boards are forwarded to the actual training program and completed and signed by the Program Director. The request should be emailed to email@example.com.
- Verification of malpractice coverage and claims history – As a UT System Medical Foundation resident/clinical fellow, you were covered under two separate malpractice insurance policies. Memorial Hermann hospital maintained a policy for residents/clinical fellows rotating within their walls and UT System maintained a self-insured policy for all other locations. To get a complete verification of your past coverage and claims history, you must contact both entities. Please see the FAQ for answers to some basic questions you might have and full contact information for requesting verification.
- Replacement residency or fellowship certificates – If you need to replace a training certificate for any reason, you must make the request through your former program and they will forward the request to us to prepare the actual certificate. You can find contacts for the programs here. There is a $50 charge for each certificate replaced and checks should be made payable to “UT System Medical Foundation”. If the request is due to a name change, you must submit a copy of proof of the legal name change (i.e. marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court ordered name change) and the original certificate with the old name must be returned. It will be destroyed when the new one is prepared.
- Change of address – If you wish to update your address, send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the corrected information.