College Undergraduate Students
Application period is December 1 – February 1 each year. You will not be able to submit applications before December 1. Supporting documents, including letters of reference and transcripts, must be submitted on-line along with your application by February 1 (11:59 PM CST).
UT Health offers three summer research programs for undergraduate students. Program choice depends on the student’s research interests and career goals. Each program is 10 weeks in length and has a separate application process. Faculty mentors for all four programs are located in the McGovern Medical School, the Institute for Molecular Medicine, and School of Dentistry.
- MedSURP – The MedSURP program is directed at students with a strong interest in obtaining an M.D. in any discipline in medical research. Stipends for this 10-week program are $3,000. Read More>>
- NOTE: We do not anticipate a 2022 Summer Program for “MedSURP” students. MedSURP students should directly reach out to your faculty of interest. Click on this link to view previous year’s list of Faculty Mentors.
- GradSURP – The GradSURP program is directed at students with a strong interest in obtaining a PhD. in any discipline in biomedical science. Stipends for this 10-week program are $4,500.
- MicroSURP – The microSURP program is directed at students with a strong interest in obtaining a Ph.D. who are interested in microbiology research. Stipends for this 10-week program are $4,500.
- School of Dentistry (SOD) – The SOD program is directed at students with a strong interest in obtaining a DDS or DDM who are interested in dental research. Stipends for this 10 week program are $1,500.
Program Manager: Linh Trinh
Summer Research Program
6431 Fannin JJL S80-6
Houston TX 77030
Telephone: (713) 500-5105
Fax: (713) 500-0603
Website updated as of 11/30/2021