Dr. Jason Talmadge is an assistant professor in the Department of Otorhinolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery. He grew up in Ohio and earned his medical degree at the Ohio State University College of Medicine, graduating magna cum laude. He completed residency training in Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery at the University of Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha, Nebraska where he received awards for exceptional teaching and was inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha honor society. Dr. Talmadge then completed a fellowship in advanced endoscopic sinus and skull base surgery at the University of Texas Health Sciences Center in Houston. Prior to joining UT Health, Dr. Talmadge practiced comprehensive ENT in Kenosha, Wisconsin with the Medical College of Wisconsin.
Dr. Jason Talmadge provides comprehensive ENT care for patients at the Memorial Hermann – The Woodlands Hospital as well as UT Physician Otorhinolaryngology – The Woodlands office (also located on the campus of MH-TW). He cares for adult, adolescent, and pediatric patients with concerns such as hearing loss, dizziness, ear infections, tonsil and adenoid disease, thyroid and parathyroid disease, salivary gland disease, disorders of the voice box, and tumors of the head and neck. In addition, he has special expertise in the treatment of sinus and nasal disorders including medical and surgical treatments for sinusitis, nasal polyps, nasal obstruction, allergies, and tumors of the paranasal sinuses and base of skull utilizing minimally invasive approaches. Dr. Talmadge feels that it is crucial to work closely with each patient to develop an individualized treatment plan to best achieve their most important health goals and improve quality of life.
A. Peer Reviewed Journal Articles:
1) Talmadge J, High R, Heckman WW: Comparative Outcomes in Functional Rhinoplasty with Open vs Endonasal Spreader Graft Placement. Ann Plast Surg. 80(5): 468-471, 2018.
2) Talmadge J, Judge P, Sayed Z: When Have We Done Enough? Provider-Patient Discord in Terminal Head and Neck Cancer. Otolaryngology Head Neck Surg. Epub 2019 Jan 22.
3) Talmadge J, Jiang ZY, Zebda D, Yao WC, Luong AU, Citardi, MJ. (In Press) Contour Map Point Distribution and Surgeon Experience Level Affect Accuracy of Surgical Navigation in a Pilot Study. Annals of Otology, Rhinology, & Laryngology. 2021 Jun 12: EPub Ahead of Print
1) Talmadge J, Nayak JV, Yao W, Citardi MJ. Management of Postsurgical Empty Nose
Syndrome. Facial Plast Surg Clin North Am. 2019;27(4):465‐475
C. Other Professional Communications
1) The Effects of Combined Therapy of Novel Oncolytic Viruses with Temozolomide on Glioblastoma Multiforme. Poster Presentation, Ohio State University Medical Center Research Day April 2011, Columbus, OH
2) Interest Group Alliance: A Pilot Program to Improve the Ultrasound Education of Students and Clinicians. Poster Presentation, World Congress on Ultrasound in Medical Education, Columbia, SC May 2011
3) Thoracic Duct Embolization for Post-Surgical Chyle Leaks. Poster Presentation, American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery, Annual Meeting, Dallas, TX September 2015
4) Supraglottic Foreign Bodies: A Review of Three Denture Cases. Poster Presentation, Combined Otolaryngology Spring Meeting (COSM) San Diego, CA April 2017
5) Comparative Outcomes in Functional Rhinoplasty Between Open and Endonasal Spreader Grafts. Oral Presentation, Combined Otolaryngology Spring Meeting (COSM) San Diego, CA April 2017
6) Contour Map Point Distribution and Surgeon Experience Level Affect Accuracy of Surgical Navigation. Poster Presentation. American Rhinologic Society Annual Meeting. New Orleans, LA September 2019