David H. Hildreth, M.D.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Orthopedic Surgery
Dr. David Hildreth is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Orthopedic Surgery at McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth).
Certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery, Dr. Hildreth specializes in Hand and Upper Extremity surgery with an emphasis in treating disorders of the hand, wrist, and elbow. Dr. Hildreth’s clinical interests include Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, median nerve compression neuropathy, as well as trauma of the hand, wrist, and elbow.
Dr. Hildreth received his undergraduate degree from David Lipscomb College in Nashville, Tennessee. He attended medical school at The University of Tennessee Center for Health Sciences in Memphis, Tennessee. He completed his internship and Orthopedic Surgery residency at The University of South Florida College of Medicine in Tampa, Florida. Dr. Hildreth went on to complete a fellowship in Hand Surgery and Reconstructive Microsurgery at the University of Louisville School of Medicine in Louisville, Kentucky. Dr. Hildreth has also earned a Masters of Business Administration from the University of Houston – Clear Lake.
Dr. Hildreth is a member of several professional organizations, including the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, the American Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery, and the American Society for Surgery of the Hand.
- Undergraduate Degree
- David Lipscomb College, Nashville, Tennessee
- Medical School
- The University of Tennessee Center for Health Sciences, Memphis, Tennessee
- General Surgery Internship, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, Florida
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, Florida
- Hand Surgery Fellowship, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, Kentucky
- Reconstructive Microsurgery Fellowship, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, Kentucky
- Masters of Business Administration, University of Houston - Clear Lake, Houston, Texas
Sandra Hinojosa – Sandra.A.Hinojosa@uth.tmc.edu
Areas of Interests
Hand and upper extremity surgery
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Median nerve compression neuropathy
Hand and upper extremity trauma
Disorders of the hand, wrist, and elbow