Wade P. McAlister, M.D.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Orthopedic Surgery
Dr. Wade McAlister is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Orthopedic Surgery at McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth).
Certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery, Dr. McAlister specializes in Sports Medicine.
Dr. McAlister received his undergraduate degree from Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas. He attended medical school at Texas Tech University Health Science Center Medical School. After completing his internship and residency at Albany Medical Center in Albany, New York, Dr. McAlister went on to complete a fellowship in Adult Reconstruction and Sports Medicine at Insall Scott Kelly Institute for Orthopedic Surgery in the Beth Israel Medical Center in New York City.
Dr. McAlister is a member of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons and the Texas Orthopedic Association.
- Undergraduate Degree
- Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas
- Medical School
- Texas Tech University Health Science Center School of Medicine
- Albany Medical College, Albany, New York
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, Albany Medical Center, Albany New York
- Adult Reconstruction and Sports Medicine Fellowship, Insall Scott Kelly Institute for Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine, Beth Israel Medical Center, New York, New York
Areas of Interests
Orthopedic Sports Medicine
McAlister, W.P., and Uhl, R.L.: Salter-Harris type II distal tibia fracture. Orthopedics 23:1197-98, 2000.
McAlister, W.P., and Cushner, F.D.: Tibial Tubercle Osteotomy. Cushner, F.D., ed., Surgical Techniques for the Knee, Thieme Medical Publishers, New York, 2005, pp. 36-38.
McAlister, W.P., and Cushner, F.D.: Arthroscopic Lateral Retinacular. Release. Cushner, F.D., ed., Surgical Techniques for the Knee, Thieme. Medical Publishers, New York, 2005, pp. 228-231