Lei Chen, MD
- Associate Professor, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
- Medical Director, ACS Laboratories at Harris Health System
- Hematopathology, MD Anderson Cancer Center,
- Combined AP/CP, UTMB,
- Tongji Medical University, Wuhan, China,
Areas of Interests
Clinical pathology/labs, hematopathology and blood bank
Hematopathology and Hematolymphoid disorders
1. Maro Ohanian, Richard Sheng Poe Huang, Tatiana V. Yakoushina, Zeev Estrov, Harinder Juneja, Lei Chen, Modupe Idowu, and Lynne V. Abruzzo. Isolated Mesenteric CD20-positive Myeloid Sarcoma. Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk. 2014 Dec;14(6):e217-20. doi: 10.1016/j.clml.2014.06.027.
2. Quesada A, Tholpady A, Wanger A, Nguyen A and Chen L. Utility of Bone Marrow Examination for Workup of Fever of Unknown Origin in HIV/AIDS Patients. J Clin Pathol. 2015 Mar;68(3):241-5.
3. Neda Hashemi-Sadraei, Pimprapa Vejpongsa, Muhamed Baljevic, Lei Chen and Modupe Idowu. Epstein-barr virus-related hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis: hematologic emergency in the critical care setting. Case Rep Hematol. 2015;2015:491567. doi: 10.1155/2015/491567. Epub 2015 Feb 10.
4. Li Liang, Jain Zhou and Lei Chen. Perifollicular Granulomas with IgG4 Plasmacytosis: A Case Report and Review of Literature. World J Clin Cases. 2015 Jul 16;3(7):650-4. doi: 10.12998/wjcc.v3.i7.650
5. Semyon A. Risin, Brian Chang, Kerry Welsh, Laura Kidd1, Vanessa Moreno, Lei Chen, Ashok Tholpady, Amer Wahed, Nghia Nguyen, Marylee Kott, Robert L. Hunter. Exploring New Ways to Deliver Value to Healthcare Organizations: Algorithmic Testing, Data Integration, and Diagnostic E-consult Service. Ann Clin Lab Sci. 2015 May;45(3):239-47.
Licenses and Certifications
American Board of Pathology, AP/CP (2005)
American Board of Pathology, hematology (2006)
Current Professional Affiliations
FCAP, College of American Pathologists