2018 MBID Retreat
When: February 23, 10 a.m.–4:30 pm (plus an 9:00-9:45 a.m. optional workshop)
Where: Brown Foundation Institute of Molecular Medicine,
The University of Texas Health Science Center at UTHealth,
1825 Pressler Street
Houston, TX 77030
Please Register! (Deadline for online registration extended until February 12)
Cost: Free! On-site registration will also be available.
- Registration Form and Instructions (deadline February 3, 2018)
- 2018 Program
- 2017 Program
- Poster Presenter Instructions
Come join us for this day-long event designed to foster communication and collaboration among molecular pathogenesis researchers in Texas! All faculty, students, fellows (research or clinical) and staff interested in pathogenesis and infectious diseases are welcome to attend.
The Molecular Basis of Infectious Diseases Training Program
Department of Microbiology & Molecular Genetics, UTHealth McGovern Medical School
Center for Emerging and Re-Emerging Pathogens, McGovern Medical Schoolouston
- Steven J. Norris, Ph.D., UTHealth McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Theresa M. Koehler, Ph.D., UTHealth McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Heidi Kaplan, Ph.D., UTHealth McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Laura Newell, Dept. of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, UTHealth McGovern Medical School; Laura.L.Newell@uth.tmc.edu; 713-500-5376
The retreat includes:
- Keynote Speaker: Dr. Yousif Shamoo- “Predicting Antibiotic Resistance: Moving from Reaction to Preemption of Emerging Pathogen Threats”
- Additional oral presentations by selected graduate students and fellows
- Poster session with awards for best posters from graduate students and fellows (1st, 2nd, and 3rd awards of $200/$100/$50 in each category)
- Optional workshop (9:00-9:45 am) on Career Development in Microbiology/Infectious Diseases. All graduate students, fellows, junior faculty or other interested individuals are welcome to attend.
- Continental Breakfast and Luncheon
Please register even if you do not intend to present a poster, so that we can get an accurate count for the luncheon and refreshments. Please contact Steve Norris or Laura Newell if you have questions. We hope to see you there!