The GSHTC is a federally recognized entity under the Public Health Service (340B) discount drug program that purchases drugs at a substantial discount. The Pharmacy is able to pass on significant savings to its patients. Some of the services provided through the pharmacy include:
- Nursing services
- Home delivery
- Medically approved ancillary supplies
- All brands of clotting factor concentrates
- Reimbursement and insurance specialists
We offer clotting factor at reduced prices providing significant savings to patients and insurers. Revenues from the pharmacy support patient services at GSHTC including nursing, physical therapy, social services, educational programs, hemophilia summer camp and other consumer activities.
Gulf States Pharmacy have over 25 years of experience working with private insurance companies, HMOs, PPOs, Medicaid, Medicare and Texas state health benefit plans to provide hemophilia products and services to our patients. Patients of the Gulf States Pharmacy have access to all licensed factor products. The pharmacist specializes in hemophilia and will work with the patient, treatment center nurses, physicians and billing service to best provide products and services.
Other benefits to using the Gulf States Pharmacy include:
- As per patient preference, orders can be picked up or delivered to the patient
- We provide a comprehensive inventory of ancillary infusion supplies
- Home nursing services will be provided when medically necessary
- For patients lacking insurance, we will assist in identifying short term factor assistance programs through manufacturers and state programs as resources are available.
- Pharmacy Billing Services
Another added service to the Gulf States Pharmacy is the Billing Services for factor medications dispensed to patients. We have team members who have an expertise in billing for pharmaceutical services and work with our families by:
- Determining if patients are eligible to use the 340b Program
- Financially guiding our hemophilia families to understand the cost of their medications
- Supporting and assisting the centers’ Social Workers and other Staff with insurance issues
- Updating the hemophilia community with Government rules and regulations, changes or advancements in hemophilia
If you would like further information about our services or would like to place an order for factor, please contact us at 1-800-464-1440.