Anson J. Koshy, M.D., M.B.E.
- Assistant Professor
- Raghuthaman Family Professorship in Pediatric Neurology and Developmental & Behavioral Pediatrics
- Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrician, UT Physician’s Center for Autism and Related Conditions
- Graduate School
- University of Debrecen Medical and Health Science Center, Debrecen, Hungary, 2005
- Goryeb Children’s Hospital, Morristown, New Jersey
- The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Areas of Interest
Dr. Koshy is a board-certified developmental and behavioral pediatrician and Assistant Professor of Pediatrics and the McGovern Center for Humanities and Ethics at the McGovern Medical School at UTHealth. He serves as the medical director for UT Physician’s Center for Autism and Related Conditions at the Children’s Learning Institute. Dr. Koshy aims to provide parents with a comprehensive picture of their child’s abilities utilizing a family-centered, evidence-based approach to care and treatment.
His prior research has focused on promoting developmentally and culturally appropriate behavioral health screening in pediatric primary care and promoting the value of assent (obtaining the agreement of older children and adolescents) when prescribing medications for ADHD treatment. He was a co-investigator examining the effectiveness of medications and reading interventions for children with ADHD and reading disorders. As faculty within the McGovern Center for Humanities and Ethics he works to support ethics related graduate medical education within the medical school.
Board Certified Pediatrics (2011)
Board Certified Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics (2015)