Mohammed T. Numan, M.D.
- Graduate School
- King Faisal University, Dammam, Saudi Arabia
- King Fahad University Hospital, Al-Khobar, Saudi Arabia
- University of Florida, Pensacola, Florida
Areas of Interests
Congenital Heart interventional catheterization:
•Diagnostic hemodynamics and angiography
•Device closures of ASD, PDA, Peri membranous and muscular VSD, Fenestrations and collaterals.
•Angioplasties and stent placements of pulmonary arteries, Aorta, Vena cava and renal arteries.
•Trans septal punctures and atrial Septostomies
• Balloon aortic and pulmonary valvuloplasties
•Non invasive diagnostic procedures including Signal averaged ECG, Holter Monitoring, exercise testing, Tilt table test, Event monitors and T wave micro voltage.
•Trans Esophageal Electrophysiology testing
•Implantation and management of Pace makers and ICD
•Implantation of Bi ventricular Resynchronization devices
•Performing invasive EP testing.
•Conducting ablative therapy using RF energy, Cryo ablation and cooled tip ablation.
•Performing and interpretation of Congenital heart Echocardiography including fetal Echo and 3- Dimensional Echo.
- Numan M, El Sisi A, Tofeig M, Gendi S, Tohami T, El-Said HG.
- Cribriform Amplatzer Device Closure of Fenestrated Atrial Septal Defects: Feasibility and Technical Aspects
- Pediatr Cardiol. 2007 Nov 13 [Epub ahead of print]
- Dilawar M, Numan M, El-Sisi A, Gendi SM, Ahmad Z.
- Percutaneous Closure of Ventricular Septal Defect Associated with Tunnel-Shaped Aneurysm Using the Amplatzer Duct Occluder ,
- Pediatr Cardiol. 2007 Oct 20; [Epub ahead of print]
- El-Sisi AM, Gendi S, Dilawar M, Numan M.
- Helex Septal Occluder: Feasibility Study of Closure of Atrial Septal Defect
- Pediatr Cardiol. 2007 Sep 25; [Epub ahead of print]
- Amal El Sisi, Muhammed Dilawar, Salwa Gendi, Mohammed Numan
- Helex Septal Occluder: First Experience of Closure of Atrial Septal defect in Qatar
- Journal of the Saudi Heart Association. Vol 19, No 1.Jan 2007:36- 40
- Ayman A. El-Menyar, Salwa M. Gendi, Mohammed T. Numan,
- Noncompaction cardiomyopathy in the State of Qatar
- Saudi Med J 2007;
- El Sisi Amal, Numan Mohammed
- Stenting Disconnected LPA in 2 Kg baby with Fallot Tetralogy, pulmonary atresia 4 days post RBT shunt.
- Heart views, Vol 7, number 2, Jun- Aug 2006.
- El-Menyar A, Bener A, Numan MT, Morcos S, Taha R, Al Suwaidi J. Epidemiology of Idiopathic Cardiomyopathy in Qatar during 1996-2003.
- Med Princ Pract. 2006 Jan:15(1)
- Ei-Menyar A, Ai-Hroob A, Numan MT, Gendi SM, Fawzy IM. Unilateral Pulmonary Edema: Unusual Presentation of Acute Rheumatic Fever. Pediat Cardiol journal.2005 Sep-Oct;26(5):700-2
- Al Suwaidi J, Bener A, Hajar HA, Numan MT. Does hospitalization for congestive heart failure occur more frequently in Ramadan: a population-based study (1991-2001). Int J Cardiol. 2004 Aug;96(2):217-21.
- Al Suwaidi J, Bener A, Suliman A, Hajar R, Salam AM, Numan TM, Al Binali HA. population based study of Ramadan fasting and acute coronary syndromes. Heart. 2004 Jun;90(6):695-6.
- Assad Al-Hroob, MD; A. Eltohami, MB. BCH; S.M.Gendi, MB BCH; Y. El Yemeni, MB. BCH; M.T. Numan, MD; Z Hijazi, MD. Transcatheter Closure of Perimembranous And Muscular Ventricular Septal Defects In Children With The Amplatzer Occluder: Experience In Qatar.
- Heart Views Journal. 2003 June-August: 4(2).
- Blaufox AD, Numan MT, Laohakunakorn P, Knick B, Paul T, Saul JP. Catheter tip cooling during radiofrequency ablation of intra-atrial reentry: effects on power, temperature, and impedance. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2002 Aug;13(8):783-7.
- Pachori AS, Numan MT, Ferrario CM, Diz DM, Raizada MK, Katovich MJ. Blood pressure-independent attenuation of cardiac hypertrophy by AT(1)R-AS gene therapy. Hypertension. 2002 May;39(5):969-75.
- Blaufox AD, Numan M, Knick BJ, Saul JP. Sinoatrial node reentrant tachycardia in infants with congenital heart disease. Am J Cardiol. 2001 Nov 1;88(9):1050-4.
- Numan MT, Gelband C, Pachori A, Katovich M, Ferrario C, Nichols W, Byrne B.: Echocardiography of Transgenic Hypertensive Rat model revealed LV hypertrophy and Pericardial effusion. Presented in American Pediatric Society/ Society for Pediatric Research, San Francisco 1-4 May 1999. Ped Resch Suppl April 1999.
- Numan MT, Gelband C, Pachori A, Katovich M, Ferrario C, Nichols W, Byrne B. Cardiac Pathophysiology in a transgenic model of hypertension due to Elevated vascular impedance. Presented in Southeastern Pediatric Cardiology Society Annual meeting 21-23 September 2000, Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Numan MT, Blaufox A, Knick B, Saul JP. Respiration Effect on catheter stability during RF ablation. Presented in 3rd World Congress of Pediatric Cardiology and Cardiac surgery. May 2000, Toronto, Canada. Suppl. Cardiology in the young 2000.
- Numan MT, Blaufox A, Knick B, Saul JP. Pediatric experience of intra atrial reentrant tachycardia ablation. Presented in NASPE meeting Boston, May 2001.
- Numan MT, Blaufox A, Knick B, Saul JP. Cooled tip catheter improved success of Intra Atrial Reentrant Tachycardia RF ablation. Presented in 3rd World Congress of Pediatric Cardiology and Cardiac surgery. May 2000, Toronto, Canada. Suppl. Cardiology in the young 2000.