As the field of rehabilitation has expanded so has a recognition that individuals with disability from a variety of conditions would benefit from comprehensive rehabilitation. These individuals are managed through the Specialty Rehabilitation Programs through a partnership between UT Health and TIRR Memorial Hermann.
Some of the disorders managed included but are not limited to:
- Rehabilitation and Survivorship
- Burn Injuries
- Multiple Trauma
- Guillain-Barre syndrome and Peripheral Nerve Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Amyotropic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) and other Neurodegenerative Disorders
- Parkinson’s Disease and other Movement Disorders
- Disability resulting from Poliomyelitis
- Post Organ Transplantation Complications
- Recovery from Joint Arthroplasty and other Orthopedic Procedures
- Debility from medical illness
Our physicians have specialization in each of these conditions and create a rehabilitation that is tailored to the individuals needs. This is vital as many of these disorders have complications that are unique to them and required different approaches to rehabilitation.