Resident Scholarly Activities
Paolo Mimbella, MD, MS – PGY-4
- Mimbella P, Fullerton B, “Review and Comments on Dr. A Jahangiri’s ‘Hypertonic dextrose versus corticosteroid local injection for the treatment of osteoarthritis in the first carpometacarpal joint: a double-blind randomized clinical trial.’” Sports Rev J, Prolotherapy edition, 2(3): 18-19, Feb 2017.
- Mimbella P, Biagioli B, “Applied Concepts of Personal Training/Conceptos Aplicados del Entrenamiento Personal.” National Council on Strength and Fitness, 2009
- Mimbella P, Verduzco-Gutierrez M, “Improving Sleep Quality for Brain Injured Patients by Decreasing Nighttime Noise Levels: A Quality Improvement Project.”
- Mimbella P, “Sudden Cardiac Arrest in Adolescent with Spinal Cord Injury After Transverse Myelitis: A Case Report.” Association of Academic Physiatrists Annual Meeting 2017.
- Mimbella P. “Remarkable Recovery of Function in a Young Adult Female after Low-velocity Penetrating Head Injury and Arrival with Retained Foreign Body: A Case Report.” American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Annual Assembly 2016.
- Mimbella P. “The Rehabilitative Management of a Patient with Anti-N-methyl-D-aspartate Receptor Encephalitis: A Case Report.” American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Annual Assembly 2016.
- Mimbella P. “Ultrasound-guided Percutaneous Treatment for Dupuytren’s Contracture.” Third place in William H. Donovan MD Critical Review of the Literature 2016.
- Mimbella P. “Hemorrhagic Stroke After K2 Use.” Presented at the Lincoln Medical Center, Weill Cornell Medical College Annual Residents’ Research Competition, May 21, 2015.
- Mimbella P. “Medication Errors: Failure Modes Effects Analysis of the Medication Order Entry Process, A Quality Improvement Project.” Multidisciplinary: Research, Medicine, and Pharmacy Departments May 2015.
- K Jacobs, P Mimbella. “PDE-inhibitor (sildenafil) use in endurance athletes at simulated altitude.” University of Miami.
- J Signorile, P Mimbella. “Power training in the elderly.” University of Miami.
Tomasz Podobinski, DO – PGY-4
- Vardaxis V, Podobinski TK, Mahoney C. Dynamic Joint Stiffness and Periarticular Co-Activation Patterns at the Knee and Ankle Before and After Total Knee Arthroplasty. XXIV Congress of the International Society of Biomechanics. 2013.
- Podobinski TK. Methods of cooperation of Polish schools and non-profit organizations in development of Polish-American leadership. Glos Nauczyciela. Fall: 5-7, 2012.
Ellia Ciammaichella, DO, JD – PGY-3
- E. Ciammaichella, Marked Elevation of βhCG Levels in Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer: A Case Report. Poster Presentation. College Medical Center, 2016.
- E. Ciammaichella, Are Claims of Isolated DNA Eligible Subject Matter Under Section 101 of the Patent Act or Is It Simply A Cloak to Patent A Human Gene? Orr Award Writing Competition Winner with presentation at the Annual Meeting for the American College of Legal Medicine, 2013.
Jason Edwards, DO – PGY-3
- Spontaneous Thoracic Epidural Hematoma Associated with Dural Arteriovenous Fistula Causing Acute Paraplegia. Edwards J DO and Gutierrez C MD. Accepted to Association of Academic Physiatrists Annual Meeting 2017. Poster Presentation, Las Vegas, NV.