Kirk Roden, MBA, FACHE
- Director of Management Operations
Accomplished Clinical Academic Administrative Executive, Kirk Roden has directed academic clinical departments, physician clinical practices, clinic and hospital operations, medical research and education programs in the University of Texas system for years. He serves currently as Director of Management Operations for multiple departments at McGovern Medical School in Houston. Kirk has a strong background and experience in academic hospital operations, research administration, financial management, business development and resource management, program and project management and medical informatics. He is also a Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives (FACHE).
- The American College of Healthcare Executives
- Master's of Business Administration
- Health Care Administration, Golden Gate University, San Francisco, 1981
- Bachelor's Degree
- Psychopharmacology, University of California, Santa Barbara, 1979
Areas of Interests
- Academic medicine and hospital administration
- Commercialization of translational research
- Effective use of technology in academic medicine administration
- Exploration of new sustainable business models for academic medicine
- Kirk Roden, Practitioner Application: Hospital Financial Management: What Is the Link Between Revenue Cycle Management, Profitability, and Not-for-Profit Hospitals’ Ability To Grow Equity? Journal of Healthcare Management Volume 57; Number 5, September/October 2012, 339-341
- Kirk S. Roden, Academic hospital administration: the administrator’s role in interventional radiology. Chinese Journal of Hospital Administration January 2009; Vol. 25:1, 67-70.