Associate Professor, UTHealth Medical School, Department of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Education & Training
- Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Clinical Neuropsychology, Baylor College of Medicine, 1992-1994
- Clinical Psychology
- Forest Institute of Professional Psychology, 1991
- Clinical Neuropsychology, The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston (UTMB), 1990-1991
- Staff Neuropsychologist
- Sheltering Arms Rehabilitation Hospital, 1994-1997
- The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, 1991-1992
Areas of Interests
- Clinical Interests
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Cognitive effects of vascular neurologic disorders
- Dementia and geriatric neuropsychology
- Sleep disorders in neurologic disorders
- Behavioral neurology
- Research Interest
- Sleep disorders and their impact on neurologic disorders
- Traumatic Brain Injury Outcome
- Vascular neurology
- Reviewer. The Clinical Neuropsychologist (official Journal of the American Academy of Clinical Neuropsychology)
- Reviewer. Journal of Clinical and Experimental Neuropsychology
- Reviewer. Archives of Clinical Neuropsychology
- Reviewer. Movement Disorders
Past Grant Support
- Progesterone for Traumatic Brain Injury: Experimental Clinical Treatment:
Phase III Clinical Trial
- Research Training Center Grant on Rehabilitation Interventions in Traumatic Brain Injury
United States Department of Education $50,000
- Sleep Disorders in Traumatic Brain Injury
Moody Foundation $6,000
- Splinting and Botox in the Treatment of Spasticity
Dynasplint Corporation $8000
- Safety and Effectiveness of Cortical Stimulation in the Treatment of Upper Extremity Hemiparisis
Northstar Neuroscience $3,200
- Wilde, M.C., Castriotta, R.J., Lai, J.M., Atanasov, S., Masel, B.E., Kuna, S.T. Cognitive impairment in patients with traumatic brain injury and obstructive sleep apnea. Arch Phys Med Rehabil 2007;88(4):1284-1288.
- Larson, E.B., Leahy, B, Duff, K.M., Wilde, M.C. Assessing executive functions in traumatic brain injury: an exploratory study of the executive interview. Percept Mot Skills 2009;106(3):725-36.
- Castriotta, R.J., Atanasov, S., Wilde, M.C., Masel, B.E., Lai, J.M., Kuna, S.T. Collaboration in Research Involving Traumatic Brain Injury and Sleep Disorders. J Clin Sleep Med 2009;5(2):137-144.
- Wilde, M.C. Lesion Location and Repeatable Battery for the Assessment of Neuropsychological Status Performance in Acute Ischemic Stroke. Clin. Neuropsychol. 2010; 24(1):57-69.
- Castriotta RJ, Wilde MC, Sahay S. Sleep Disorders in Spinal Cord Injury. Sleep Medicine Clinics 2012; 7 (4) xi-xii.
- Castriotta RJ, Wilde MC, Sleep Disorders and Neurorehabilitation: An Introduction. Sleep Medicine Clinics 2012;7(4) 643-654.