Patricia Butler, M.D.
- Vice Dean for Educational Programs, McGovern Medical School
Patricia Butler, M.D. is the Vice Dean for Educational Programs and Professor in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at McGovern Medical School. She received her M.B.Ch.B. degree from Aberdeen University Medical School in Aberdeen, Scotland. Dr. Butler initially trained in pediatrics and later in psychiatry and child psychiatry. She is board-certified in adult and child psychiatry. She has held her current position for 22 years and oversees the undergraduate, graduate medical education and continuing medical education programs. She is a member of several professional organizations, and serves on a number of local, state and national committees. She was appointed to the LCME in 2012, is a regular member of LCME site-visit teams, and is a past member of the ACGME Institutional Review Committee.
- Medical Degree
- Aberdeen University Medical School, Scotland
- Pediatrics, Princess Margaret Hospital, Australia
- Pediatric Hematology, Royal Children's Hospital, Australia
- Psychiatry, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
- Child Psychiatry, Baylor College of Medicine