Shitij Kapoor, M.D., M.P.H.
- Assistant Professor
Shitij Kapoor, M.D., M.P.H. received his medical degree from Govt. Medical College in Patiala, Punjab, India. In 2009, he graduated from the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston School (UTHealth) of Public Health with a M.P.H. In 2014, he completed adult psychiatry residency and child and adolescent psychiatry fellowship with the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at McGovern Medical School. Following his graduation, he joined the department as an assistant professor. Dr. Kapoor currently provides mental health services to children and adolescents at Acres Home Health Center, part of the Harris Health System. His clinical expertise includes ADHD/ADD, anxiety/OCD, bipolar disorder, depression, PTSD and schizophrenia.
- Medical Degree
- Govt. Medical College, India
- Master's Degree
- Public Health, University of Texas Health Science Center
- Adult Psychiatry, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
Areas of Interests
- Adult General Psychiatry
- Adolescent General Psychiatry
- Bipolar Disorder
- Child General Psychiatry
- Second Opinion