Assistant Professor, Diagnostic and Interventional Imaging
Education & Training
- Medical School
- Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, Louisiana, 2003
- Transitional Internship
- Family and Community Medicine, Tulane University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana, 2004
- Diagnostic Radiology, The University of Texas Medical School at Houston (now known as McGovern Medical School at UTHealth), 2008
- Neuroradiology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, 2009
American Board of Radiology, Diagnostic Radiology, June 2008
Neuroradiology CAQ, November 2010
Phi Beta Kappa
Arnold Gold Resident Excellence in Teaching Award
Summa Cum Laude Presentation Award, American Society of Neuroradiologist Convention
- 2010, 2011, 2012
Dean’s Teaching Excellence Award, The University of Texas Medical School at Houston (now known as McGovern Medical School at UTHealth)
- April 30-May 1, 2011
American Roentgen Ray Society, ARRS Clinical Education Development Program (CEDP), Awarded $1,000 as a CEDP Nominee, Attended the Item-Writing Workshop & Education, Business and Practice Management Seminar
Peer and Non-Peer Reviewed Journals
- Epilepsy Imaging in Adults: Getting it Right
Friedman E., AJR 2014; 203:1093‐1103. Doi:10.2214/AJR.13.12035.
- Analysis of gene expression with cDNA microarrays in rat Brain after 7 and 42 days of oral lithium administration.
Bosetti F, Seemann R, Bell J, Zahorchak R, Friedman E, Rapoport SI, and Manickam P: Brain Research Bulletin 2002; 57: 205-209. PMID:11849827.
- Innominate Artery Compression of the Trachea: An Unusual Cause of Apnea in a 12-Year-Old Boy
Friedman E, Kennedy, A and Neitzschman HR, Southern Medical Journal 2003; 96: 1161-1164. PMID: 14632371.
- Radiology case of the month. Raccoon eyes and abdominal distention
Friedman E, Dowling A, Neitzschman HR, Neuroblastoma. J LA State Med School 2003 Mar‐Apr; 155(2):75-6. No abstract available. PMID: 12778988.
- Imaging of Pediatric Neck Masses
Friedman E, John SD. Radiol Clin N Am2011, 49:617-632. PMID: 21807165.
- Beyond mesial temporal sclerosis: optimizing MRI evaluation in focal epilepsy
Friedman E and Tandon N, Neurographics 2013, Vol. 3, No. 2, 60-69(10).
- Pitfalls in the staging of cancer of the major salivary gland neuroplasms
Friedman E, Saindane AM: . Neuroimaging Clin N Am2013 Feb;23(1):107-22. Doi: 10.106/j.nic.2012.08.009. Review. PMID: 23199664.
Esquenazi Y, Kalamangalam GP, Slater JD, Knowlton RC, Friedman ER, Morris SA, Shetty A, Gowda A, Tandon N., Res. 2014 Mar;108(3)547‐54. Doi: 10.1016/jeplepsyres.2014.01.009. Epub 2014 Jan 30. PMID: 24518890