- Graduate School
- Biology, Texas State University, San Marcos, TX, 1997
- Post Graduate School
- Oncological Science, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT, 2002
- Neurosurgery, The University of Texas Medical School at Houston (now known as McGovern Medical School at UTHealth), 2006
Neuroscience Fellowship Award, Sponsored by National Institutes of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, Society for the Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science Conference
Postdoctoral Fellow, Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (NRSA) from National Institutes of Neurological Disorders and Stroke
The Jerry Johnston Andrew Spinal Cord Research Project Award
Invited Research Lecture
- “Acute changes to the bladder uroepithelia following spinal cord injury.” American Spinal Cord Association and The Internal Spinal Cord Society – A Global Spinal Cord Injury Conference, Boston, MA, 2006.
- “Attenuating gastrointestinal vascular permeability after spinal cord injury.” Presented at the annual National Neurotrauma Society Symposium, Santa Fe, NM, 2015.