Assistant Professor, Diagnostic and Interventional Imaging
Education & Training
- Medical School
- University of Zimbabwe Medical School, Harare, Zimbabwe, 1999
- Internal Medicine, Urology, Orthopedics and trauma, Harare Central Teaching Hospital, Harare, Zimbabwe, 2000
- Diagnostic Radiology Mersey Deanery, Mersey School of Radiology Liverpool, United Kingdom, 2005-2009
- Clinical Fellowship
- Vascular and Interventional Radiology, Royal Liverpool University Hospital Liverpool, United Kingdom, 2009-2010
- Clinical Fellowship
- Vascular and Interventional Radiology, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center Houston, TX, 2011-2012
Areas of Interests
- Clinical Interests
- Vascular Anomalies interventions.
- Interventional Oncology (ALL facets – embolotherapy, ablations, SIRT, complex biopsies and venous access)
- Aortic diseases and peripheral arterial diseases (Complex CTO and limb salvage interventions).
- Deep venous thromboembolic disease (acute and chronic) – Complex Venous reconstructions and Pulmonary Embolism.
- Portal hypertension and endovascular porto-systemic shunts (conventional TIPS, DIPS and BRTO). Splanchnic circulation venous interventions.
- Percutaneous Hepatobiliary interventions (Percutaneous stone retrieval and endoscopic interventions)
- Women’s intervention (Uterine Fibroid Embolisation and Pelvic Congestion Syndrome)
- Interventional Uroradiology, including Prostate artery embolisation (PAE)
- Trauma – minimally invasive interventions (embolisations).
- Research Interest
- Novel techniques in lymphatic imaging – Focusing on Near Infrared fluorescence Lymphatic imaging.
- Improving interventional training through simulator developments.
- Clinical outcomes and cost effectiveness research in Interventional Radiology.
- Board Certified Vascular and Interventional Radiologist (CAQ).
American Board of Radiology (DABR -VIR/DR), 10/2017
- Board Certified Radiologist. American Board of Radiology (DABR), 10/2015
- Board Certified in Vascular and Interventional Radiology, 09/2010
Royal College of Radiologist United Kingdom and General Medical Council United Kingdom
- Board Certified in Clinical Radiology (FRCR), 11/2008
Royal College of Radiologist United Kingdom
- ECFMG Certification, 2009
- Best Educational Poster Award. Society of Interventional Radiology (SIR) Annual Meeting 2017 Washington DC, USA
- 2015-2016 Dean’s Teaching Excellence Award for outstanding contribution to education. The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, McGovern Medical School. May 2016.
- Awarded best scientific poster prize British Society of Interventional Radiology (BSIR) Annual Meeting. Liverpool, UK, 2010
- Awarded best educational poster prize British Society of Interventional Radiology (BSIR) Annual Meeting, Brighton, UK, 2009
- Selected by the board of examiners to in the final radiology board examination to give acceptance speech on behalf of new graduates (singular honour awarded), London, UK, 2008
- Awarded Msc Medical Imaging with Distinctions by Centre of Medical Imaging Research
(CoMIR) Leeds, UK, 2004 (only distinction in the class)
- Awarded CBZ BANK Trust Medical Scholarship to study for MSc Medical Imaging at University of Leeds CoMIR, Leeds, UK, Harare, Zimbabwe academic year 2003-2004
- Awarded the MBChB degree with Honours by the University of Zimbabwe Medical School, Harare, Zimbabwe, 2000
- Awarded the NESTLE ZIMBABWE (Pvt) Ltd Annual Elective Scholarship for elective clinical attachment abroad, Harare, Zimbabwe, 1998
- Awarded CAPS HOLDINGS clinical pharmacology prize for best third year medical student, Harare, Zimbabwe, 1997
- Awarded Midlands Governor’s annual prize for best results in Midlands District for November 1994 University of Cambridge International A-level schools examination, Gweru, Zimbabwe, 1995
- Journal Reviewer, Vascular and Interventional Radiology section for Clinical Radiology (Clin Rad).
- Journal Reviewer, Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiology (CVIR)
- Journal Reviewer, American Journal of Roentgenology (AJR)
In the media, Mina’s Story: Teen Gymnast Overcomes Vascular Anomaly.