Joseph Love, D.O., F.A.C.S.
- Associate Professor, Department of Surgery
- Program Director , Department of Surgery
- Vice-Chair for Surgical Education, Department of Surgery
- Medical Director of Memorial Hermann Life Flight®, Memorial Hermann Hospital, Texas Medical Center
Joseph Love is an Associate Professor and the Program Director for General Surgery Residency at The McGovern Medical School at UTHealth in Houston, TX. He received his Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine from the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine in Philadelphia, PA. He began his residency at the University of Texas Medical School at San Antonio, TX. Dr. Love completed his Fellowship in Surgical Critical Care at the University of Texas Medical School at San Antonio, TX. From 2001 – 2013 Dr. Love was active duty with the United States Air Force during Operation Iraqi Freedom and deployed during Operation Enduring Freedom. Dr. Love remains active in trauma surgery and critical care at the McGovern Medical School at UTHealth as a member of the South Texas Committee on Trauma. He spends a great deal of time on fellow and resident education and is a National Instructor for the American College of Surgeons Advanced Surgical Skills for Exposure in Trauma Course (ASSET) and State Faculty for the Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) course. Dr. Love is an active Chair of the International Endovascular Trauma Management course responsible for content and symposium activities.
Additionally, Dr. Love is the Medical Director, for Memorial Hermann Life Flight® which serves as the premier aeromedical emergency medical service for the greater Houston and surrounding communities. He is passionate about education and pre-hospital care working to bring technology and innovation forward to better patient care outside the hospital with a focus on fire, police and first responders.
His present goals include more active participation with military readiness training and graduate medical education. Through these efforts the McGovern Medical School at UTHealth is welcoming its first United States Army General Surgery residents whom will complete their training in Houston in preparation for their future military careers. It is a stated objective of Dr. Love to continue to “give back” to the United States Military preparing future surgeons to meet the needs of a dynamic military environment.
- B.A., University of Colorado, 1992-1996
- M.S., Drexel University, 1998-2000
- Medicine – D.O., Philadelphia College of Osteopathic, 2000-2004
- General Surgery, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 2004-2009
- Surgical Critical Care, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 2010-2012
UT Physicians Clinic
6414 Fannin Street, Suite G.150
Houston, TX 77030