Dr. Lisa Chen received her undergraduate degree from Yale University, her medical degree from the College of Physicians and Surgeons at Columbia University, and completed her general surgery residency at Yale-New Haven Hospital, where she also did a research fellowship. She did her colon and rectal surgery residency at the University of Texas Health Science Center in Houston (UTHealth) in 1999.
Dr. Chen is a Clinical Assistant Professor of Surgery at McGovern Medical School. She is Board certified and recertified in colon rectal surgery and general surgery. Her clinical interests include colon and rectal cancer screening and treatment, medical and surgical treatment of hemorrhoids and other benign and malignant anorectal conditions, incontinence, diverticulitis, inflammation of the colon, constipation, and diarrhea.
She is a member of the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons, the American College of Surgeons, Texas Medical Association, and the Harris County Medical Society.
- B.S., Yale University, 1984-1987
- M.D., Columbia University, 1988-1992
- General Surgery, Yale-New Haven Hospital, 1992-1993
- General Surgery, Yale-New Haven Hospital, 1993-1994
- Digestive Diseases, West Haven VA/Yale-New Haven Hospital, 1994-1996
- General Surgery, Yale-New Haven Hospital, 1996-1997
- General Surgery, Yale-New Haven Hospital, 1997-1998
- General Surgery, Yale-New Haven Hospital, 1998-1999
- Colon and Rectal Surgery, University of Texas Health Sciences Center, 1999-2000
UT Physicians Colon and Rectal Clinic at Peakwood
800 Peakwood Drive, Suite 2C
Houston, TX 77090